Friday 20 March 2015

Mom - You are the best teacher!

Helloooo my dear friends!!
I have come up with another card and wow..this is my 50th Post!! :O


Theme:
You might have guessed already that it is something related to Mom?
Well, yeah! I have made a Mother's Day card. I know it's too early. But why waste time ;)
Here is my card:



Sketch:
I have followed the sketch by STAMPlorations Challenge # 30 which is this:

Technique:
I have used a whole lotta techniques in this card!

Firstly, I made a cute pencil by distressing it with wild honey. I applied Ranger Texture paste using alphabet stencil. This gives your paper such an amazing look! (I am in love with it! ;)) I let it dry overnight. I used paper piecing technique to add the sharpened edges, lead and rubber ;) I also made vertical stripes using Pigma Black marker pen.

I have used an actually notepad paper in this card. I tore one and distressed the edges with Old Paper distress ink.

The blackboard technique is so much in vogue that I had to try this! I used a black paper stock and heat embossed using Versa mark and White Embossing Powder. Use of Stamps is mandatory for STAMPlorations, that's why, I stamped the word "MOM" using Kaisercraft Cartoon Alphabet Stamp Set that I have and rest all is hand-written by Versa Mark Pen. I wanted to keep the whole card natural so didn't mind if the chalkboard had a handwritten look.

I made one apple and fuzzy cut it out from a red colored card stock and adhered it as shown above.

Challenges:
I am entering this card for the below challenges:
1.STAMplorations bi-weekly Challenge # 30 -which ends on 28/3
2.Addicted to Stamps and More # 136 -Anything goes which ends on 24/3
3.C.R.A.F.T Challenge # 303 -Mother's Day which ends on 25/3

How did you find my card guys...? Please let me know..it encourages me a lot! :)

Before ending my post, I wanted to share this beautiful thought on hardwork.
Random Doodle No.25 Green Grass

I thank you all for inspiring me in some way every day.

See you soon...till then bubye.. hugs and a happy weekend! xx




12 comments:

  1. A lovely card. Thank you for sharing with us at c.r.a.f.t Challenge. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card and being a Mum myself, I just love the sentiment!! So glad you joined us at ATSM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Mother's Day card, Suchi! Thanks so much for playing along in our 'Anything Goes' challenge at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great Mother's Day card, Suchi, such a fun, original design! Thanks for joining in at CRAFT Challenge!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very fabulous design! Love your notepad paper with distress ink. Thank you for sharing at STAMPlorations.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. It means a lot. :)